We all go through rough spots now and again, and I’ve certainly had my share of ups and downs. So I thought I would share the things I remind myself of when I’m paying my dues so to speak. Here’s 5 things to consider when you’re struggling with something and feel stuck.
- We may not be able to control a situation, but we are in charge of our reaction to the situation. this is key because our brains turn off when we get frustrated or angry. so staying calm will aid in making better decisions.
- We’ve been through rougher things than this, and still made it. The situation is tough, but so are we. In fact we are tougher. Don’t let your self doubt get the best of you. You got this.
- I ask myself “What do I need to learn to solve this?” or “What do I need to to learn from this?” This is a way to get ourselves back on the solution seeking mindset and continue the progress forward. Regardless of our ego’s we should get comfortable with the fact that we don’t know everything, even in our field of expertise. Challenges are opportunities to learn and become better or more educated about ourselves.
- Meditate on it. I ride my bike. do what you do to be at peace with yourself. Quiet your mind and have some alone time. Once you have had some mental silence you can get back to it. What is that next one thing that can move this along.
- Keep moving forward. even a small break to take a breath and collect yourself. Then Continue the forward movement. Take one step at a time and do the next right thing.
You got this, keep moving, You’ll look back on this and and be glad you made it through later.
Go Kick some Butt!Top